November 25, 2015
Pragmatic Obots Unite
Shooting down firebaggers & teabaggers one truth at a time...
ICYMI: Rev Al and his panel award the best and worst of politics 2012
Dr. Ruth Westheimer@AskDrRuth
Members of Congress who can’t compromise probably aren’t good lovers. Sex requires give and take.
Hey, when the lady is right, the lady is damn right.
Good Afternoon miranda/POU FAM♥.- —Oooowee!- –THIS was a FUN annnd INFORMATIVE Program. :>) REV AL was a GR8 HOST!!.- – -He is – -BEYOND INTELLIGENT!! –:>) – —
– — – -Especially liked the BEST annnd WORST POLITICAL MOVES.- – -WE KNOW that MR. PRESIDENT- – -is the “MASTER STRATEGIST!!”- –:>)- —
He’s gon do ANOTHER – “REVVIE”- – -for –NEW YEARS. Woo! Hoo!
– —Lookin’ FORWARD- — –> :>)
My like button isn’t working but you got one from me.
HEEY BoomerGal. ***BIG HUG*** :>)- –
– – – -Have sooo MUCH RESPECT 4 REV AL.- — He GROWS – -DAILY- –in sooo many ways. :>)
Has his FANGER/BRAIN- on the PULSE of erry –“HOT BUTTON ISSUE”- –:>)
– –I grab my POU FAM♥ –“popcorn” —annnd WATCH WITH INTEREST. :>)
Good 2 C U BoomerGal. :>)- –
miranda- –FIRST:—-COMMENT:- —Devon Morehead
Awesome… When I worked as a teacher in Phoenix, this idiot was the head of education for Arizona. I can personally attest to his lousy leadership, moronic ideas and unreasonable expectations. And trust me, Arizona has NO extra money for this. You can thank the Republican cabal that runs that state. Left there and went home to Washington State. Never going back, especially since Cruella deZona is still governor there.
– -NOW:- —Arizona Attorney-General Calls For Arming School Principals– –
– – — –Merging an environment of state budget cuts with calls for heavily arming schools, Arizona Attorney-General Tom Horne has suggested arming school principals or “another designee.”– — -[BEYOND STOOPID!!]
On Friday, the National Rifle Association in a press conference called for there to be armed police officers in every school to prevent attacks along the lines of the elementary school shooting in Newtown, CT, rather than stricter gun control. With state budgets hurting, however, Horne noted that “school resource officers,” members of the police force specially trained to handle instances of juvenile law, emergency response, and student counseling, are on the decline in Arizona schools.
The solution then, to Horne, is to model schools after the post-2001 mandate that airline pilots be armed in plane cabins. In proposing that only principals be armed, Horne believes he is taking a moderate stance:
THERE IS MORE- —BOVINE-EXCREMENT!!!
– —–The nra SOLUTION- —
– – —–– –ERRYBODY- – – — -GET- — STRAPPED!!– –
– — -WHEW LAWD!!- -SUPER-STOOPID -!!
Principal’s meetings will now be held at the gun range. LOL!!!
LOL Boomergaaaaaaaaaaal.- — -Seeeee- —LOL.
U R a RIOT!! LOL- — ***fist bump*** :>)
Thanks 4 da laff. :>)- —
What does capeheart means the President was suppose to lose. He is an idiot.
…according to the predictions of all of his MSM colleagues and history, yadda, yadda, yadda, whatever.
HEEY crazycanuck. ***BIG HUG** :>)
– – —PUH-LEEZE tell me that there was – -SOME CONTEXT- – –orrr- – –he was REPEATIN’ what he heard from somebody else.—LOL
– — –NEVAMIND!– -LOL
——-Good 2 C U cc. :>)- –
LMBAO and u know it!
LOL trose1. ***BIG HUG*** :>)
ALWAYS 4 U. :>)—-Good 2 C U. :>)
It’s time to move Jonathan Capeheart along – off the stage.
He can be utterly embarrassing with his sometimes ditzy valley girl quality and simplistic and shallow take and approach to light and serious matters alike.
He always misses the point.
He tweeted this isht:Jonathan Capehart @CapehartJ
@mqsawyer By historical standards, Pres Obama was supposed to lose. B4 him, no other prez won reelect w econ this bad and unemp that high.
Um, Reagan John? 7.2 percent UE?
Could somebody please tweet this ‘man’ and tell him he’s an effing idiot. Please, I beg lol.
@CapehartJ @mqsawyer Reagan won with high UE,would be better looking at the facts on the ground rather than historical CW
Thank, now I can sleep lol.
miranda- – — –FOND MEMORIES♥– —
– —–theGrio remembers black icons we lost in 2012 – –
– —This past year was monumental for black people all over the world.
We saw the re-election of President Barack Obama and the emergence of a bright young star in Gabby Douglas at the Olympic games in London.
The year 2012 was also a year where we lost lives of influential African-Americans that captivated the world.
Singing legends Whitney Houston and Donna Summer passed away, as well as athletes Jovan Belcher and O.J. Murdock.
Black performers who once charmed audiences on the big and small screen, such as Sherman Hemsley and Michael Clarke Duncan, passed away as well.
As we look ahead to 2013, we remember the black icons lost in 2012 and remember them in all of their greatness; for all their many accomplishments.– —-AMEN.
— —-RIHEP- – -2 ALL.♥- – – – –CONDOLENCES 2 FAMILIES/FRIENDS/FANS—-***raises hand***
Watching the ‘war on voting’ backfire
By Steve Benen
Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:00 PM EST.
For the better part of two years, Republican policymakers in states nationwide launched a deliberate, calculated effort to restrict voting rights — the most sweeping effort in the United States since the Jim Crow era — specifically to influence the outcome of the 2012 elections. The goal of voter-ID laws, voter-registration restrictions, and closed early-voting windows wasn’t subtle: identify likely Democratic voters and try to limit their turnout.
It’s hard to overstate the extent to which this backfired.
Blacks voted at a higher rate this year than other minority groups and for the first time in history may also have voted at a higher rate than whites, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of census data, election day exit poll data and vote totals from selected cities and counties. […]
These participation milestones are notable not just in light of the long history of black disenfranchisement, but also in light of recently-enacted state voter identification laws that some critics contended would suppress turnout disproportionately among blacks and other minority groups.
I’m so glad to see the facts -— higher Black turnout — fly in the face of the fantasies of the “Black folks are disappointed in Obama” crowd.
The only thing they have left now is “Black folks are just stupid.”
Those kids in FL standing in line until 2 am tweeting each other to “keep your black ass in line” made me cry. Beautiful.
I can’t stand Issa. I knowing it’s the season for giving, but I just want to slap that man so hard his teeth rattle.
he’s a criminal.
a goddamned CRIMINAL
Literally a criminal.
He has been relatively quiet of late. I wonder if he will make a power grab for the speakership… I am sensing a Greek tragedy in the offing.
power grab for the speakership
Now that would be awesome fail!
And bonus, he’d cry when he lost!
Stuff About Polls
Thu Dec 27th, 2012 at 01:27:04 PM EST
I agree with Ed Kilgore that we cannot cover politics well if we simply ignore polls, and there’s a good debate to be had about how best to aggregate polls. But Kilgore ignored the subject that most interests me. And that is the likelihood that Gallup and (particularly) Rasmussen polls were deliberately favorable to Mitt Romney in the last polling cycle, and what that did to benefit both Romney and Republicans in general.
Candidates operate within a larger nebulous media environment that they can influence but not control. It is easier to function as a candidate in an environment in which you are not being told day after day that the polls show that you have no more than a 33% chance of winning. That was what Nate Silver’s aggregator consistently showed almost all last year, and he still overestimated Romney’s final standing because all the pollsters (but especially Gallup and Rasmussen) were off.
Other aggregators that did not correct for house effect were much worse and more commonly used on television and in print. The effect was to create a false impression that the race was closer than it was, which (on the whole) was beneficial to Romney.
An argument can be made that this false impression created an unwarranted complacency on Romney’s part, preventing him from taking big chances that could have turned the race. Yet, frankly, understanding the role of simple denial in the Romney campaign is a separate topic from how we should interpret polls and poll aggregations in the future. Romney’s in-house pollster may have been the worst of all, and we can’t really know why they were delivering such rose-tinted news to their boss.
In general, closer-than-reality polling was beneficial for Romney. In addition to contributing to an easier media environment, it helped him continue to rake in money until the very end of the campaign.
The only purpose of all of this post-mortem analysing is to absolve a large part of the political apparatus complicity in setting the stage for a “stolen” election.
Analysing/weighing any aspect of Romney’s campaign as “normal” requires one to ignore too many red flags of abnormalcy if there’s such a word. When in the history of presidential elections did a candidate’s campaign team acknowledge nearly everything it pushed was a lie but continued doing it because it reached their focus groups or when in history was it publicly known that a large percentage of newspapers and other media groups embed the candidate’s “advisors” and portrayed them as political analysts?
I’ve been following politics since my last year of HS (met a guy who shared his obsession, and it has stuck over 5679877644 years) And I have never experienced anything as ugly as the preceding year, never been this ashamed of my country before.
It’s a fucking disgrace. The Republicans will surely pay for what they have done to this country.
Only if we keep turning out in off years.
They have committed treason against this country.
Plain and simple.
miranda- —THESE PHOOLS!- – –TRYNTA — B SLICK!!- — –
— – — –House to return Sunday for cliff– —–
——–<b.The House will come back into session on Sunday night, GOP leaders announced on Thursday, potentially setting the stage for an eleventh-hour push on legislation to avoid the “fiscal cliff.”
– –Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) informed lawmakers in a GOP conference call Thursday about the new plans, which could allow the House to vote Sunday or Monday on a fiscal cliff deal — if one can be put together by President Obama and the Senate.
– —He then announced the scheduling change in a message on Twitter.
“The House will return for legislative business on Sunday, December 30. First votes are expected at 6:30 p.m.,” Cantor wrote.
The news from the House came after Obama spoke to leaders from both parties and chambers before his trip back from Hawaii on Air Force One.
– -Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) said he understood the president had reached out to Senate Republicans with a proposal, while a GOP leadership aide in the Senate said: “We’re expecting the Democrats to finally act.” </i.
– – — -WAIT! — -WHA'???_ —- —-SAAAAAAA-LAP!!!!- — I 'ON'T – – -THANK SO- – -"DUDE!!"- —–humph!!!- —
– — –COMMENT:- — Lilian Davis
This is so crazy ! I cannot believe these Republicans. They may or not decide to approve what the Senate sends them. Poo!! They have kept this country on pins & needles. Our Pres. Obama has bent over backwards to please them. I hope Democratics stick to there plan, don’t give in to them. I would drather go over the cliff & start fresh.. To heck with them.. They have ruined the Holidays for everyone, worrying labour this cliff. Things will be better fresh Jan1st.
They clearly did polling and saw how bad they looked. Or are doing a Kobe-heroics impersonation.
I feel bad that PBO had to cut his vacation short but it REALLY makes the goopers look bad.
miranda- — -OMWORD!!- — -SAD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS- —-
– – —“Rescue Me” singer Fontella Bass dies aged 72– —
– — — American soul singer Fontella Bass, who topped the R&B chart in 1965 with the song “Rescue Me,” died in St. Louis. She was 72.
Bass died in hospice care on Wednesday night from complications of a heart attack she suffered three weeks ago, her daughter, Neuka Mitchell, told Reuters. Bass had also suffered from strokes in recent years.
“She’s going to be missed,” Mitchell said. “Her big personality. Her love for family. Her big, giving heart and her cooking.”
She was known as the “queen of soul food” to her family, Mitchell said.
Bass was born into a singing family in St. Louis. Her mother, Martha Bass, was a singer in the Clara Ward Singers gospel group. Her brother, the late R&B singer David Peaston, scored a handful of hits in the 1980s and 1990s.
Bass first achieved success dueting with Bobby McClure in 1965 on songs such as “Don’t Mess Up A Good Thing” and “You’ll Miss Me (When I’m Gone),” both of which were hits on the pop and R&B charts.
Bass’ biggest hit came with “Rescue Me,” which shot up the Billboard pop charts in the fall of 1965, becoming one of the most popular soul hits of all time.
— – – – -SNIP — –
– – -The song has been covered and sampled numerous times over the years, including by pop stars Linda Ronstadt and Cher, and more recently in 2000 by UK group Nu Generation, who remixed the song into a dance track.
THERE IS MORE.
– —- –RESCUE ME/FONTELLA BASS– – —
– — –FROM THIS LIFE- — 2 YOUR HEAVENLY HOME. RIHEP♥- -AMEN
– -CONDOLENCES 2 FAMILY/FRIENDS/FAMS- -***raises hand** — –
RIP. You left us great music.
HEEY Alma98. ***BIG HUG*** :>)
– — -AMEN! annnd AMEN. :>)- – —
Good 2 C U. :>)— –
***HUGS*** Backatchoo GLH.
miranda: —- -***furrowed brow***- — LOL – –Sooo many CHARACTERS 2 add 2 da- —U CAN MISS ME – –IN 2013 -LIST!!- – –
– — -☻ISSAn —“UN-PROSECUTED CRIMINAL”- – —
– – — ☻- –DEES 2 LOSERS!!– —
MORE L8R. :>) —
Did you really have to completely cheapen everything you’ve done in Congress by loudly admitting that your only priority and all you want to do now – in the midst of the biggest fight for the soul of our nation and democracy- is just go make gobs of money.
I realize that money is pretty much what drives moves like his, but he didn’t have to just blurt it out like that.
Barney Frank is no Statesman. But I doubt he ever wanted to be. Money rules after all.
miranda- – — -Watchin’ REV AL:- —He gave MR. PRESIDENT the – —HONORARY MUSIC AWARD”- — afta he was BESTED by- –Krispie Kreme.
NOW he- – ALMOST did his – –“GODFATHER of SOUL”- -impersonation. LOL—- –BUUT ——NOT until 2013!- –LOL —-
– – —BEYOND –FUNNY!. LOL – — –
That was some fancy footwork by the Rev!
LOL- – -nellcote. I KNOW- -HUH!!— LOL
-Annnnd—2 HONOR —MR. PRESIDENT –HE- —
– —– –Prolly HAD a BIG GULP of THIS—-B4 his SHOW.– -LOL- —–
– — –U CAN- -MISS ME – –in 2013 LIST—- –
– – —-DA TWITT!– — –
– – – – –Oh! Waitaminute. . . . .We WILL MISS HIM.- – —HE LOST!! BWAHAHA.- – – – –
– —-I KNOW. :>) —It’s a —GLOAT– –MOMENT!!- — -LOL- — –
OMG! Wonkette kills me, I might have to order that mug just to piss people off. lol
SO gonna get one!
miranda- – —-FIRST:- – –COMMENT:— Temanu
Gallup…isnt that the polling firm that nailed the 2012 election results? lol– – -LOL :>)- – – — –
– – NOW: — GALLUP!- – — -GALLUP! – — – GALLUP!- -***shakin’ my head***
– – — – —Gallup: 54 Percent Have Favorable View Of NRA– —-
– ——The National Rifle Association suffered a backlash in many circles following its combative press conference last week, but a poll released Thursday indicated that the powerful pro-gun lobby has retained ample support from much of the American public.
According to Gallup, 54 percent of respondents have a favorable view of the NRA, compared with 38 percent who have an unfavorable view.
– – — -SNIP – —
– – —As expected, there is a sharp partisan split when it comes to the NRA: 83 of Republicans in Thursday’s poll said they have a favorable opinion, while 58 percent of Democrats have an unfavorable opinion.
THERE IS MORE.
– —— —–Psssssssssst– —-DESPITE YOUR POLLIN’ DATA- –
-SHOWIN’ a WIN- —- da TWITT- —got – -“SHELLACKED!” LOL- —
– – -Soooo- – –RECOGNIZE—-DIS!!– —geesh!
I take it Gallup interviewed the same 32 white males who are over 50, Southern, and vote R. They need to try a new approach to their hustle.
LOL- -conlakappa- —-YA MEAN- — -THEM???
– —-YEP!- – –LOL- – —
I did not know Rev Al’s name was Alfred C. What does the C stand for, Chauncey? LOL
HEEY LV. ***BIG – -Pleased 2 meetcha – –HUG*** :>)
LOL- – –REAL SIMPLE- —Alfred Charles “Al” Sharpton, Jr. (born October 3, 1954)– – –
– — —Alfred Charles “Al” Sharpton, Jr. (born October 3, 1954) is an American Baptist minister, civil rights activist, and television/radio talk show host. In 2004, he was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for the U.S. presidential election. He hosts his own radio talk show, Keepin’ It Real, and he makes regular guest appearances on Fox News (such as The O’Reilly Factor) CNN, and MSNBC. In 2011, he was named the host of MSNBC’s PoliticsNation, a nightly talk show.
Sharpton’s supporters praise “his ability and willingness to defy the power structure that is seen as the cause of their suffering” and consider him “a man who is willing to tell it like it is”. Former New York Mayor Ed Koch, a one-time foe, said that Sharpton deserves the respect he enjoys among Black Americans: “He is willing to go to jail for them, and he is there when they need him.”
THERE IS MUCH MORE.- — —
– —OUTSTANDING BIO/ACCOMPLISHMENTS. :>) –BLESS HIM. :>)
– -Again, pleased 2 meetcha! :>)
Thanks. I am always here lurking.
miranda- — –Another LOSS:- — —
– – — Gen. Schwarzkopf Dead at 78– —
– —- – Retired Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf, who commanded the US-led international coalition that drove Saddam Hussein’s forces out of Kuwait in 1991, has died at age 78 in Tampa, Fla. The president he served under at the time, George HW Bush, who remains in the ICU of a Houston hospital, released a statement saying that “Barbara and I mourn the loss of a true American patriot and one of the great military leaders of his generation.”
Schwarzkopf, a much-decorated combat soldier in Vietnam, was known popularly as “Stormin’ Norman” for a notoriously explosive temper. He became widely known during the military campaign in Kuwait though his televised news briefings. Schwarzkopf lived in retirement in Tampa, where he had served in his last military assignment as commander-in-chief of US Central Command, the headquarters responsible for US military and security concerns in nearly 20 countries from the eastern Mediterranean and Africa to Pakistan.
THERE IS MORE.
— -CONDOLENCES 2 FAMILY/FRIENDS. — –
miranda- —Do U Solemnly Swear?- —-
– – – — Hawaii’s Brian Schatz sworn in to Senateb– — —
– — – –Hawaii Lt. Gov. Brian Schatz was sworn in to the Senate Thursday afternoon to replace Sen. Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii), who died last week of respiratory complications. Vice President Joe Biden administered the oath of office. 12/27/2012 4:38 PM EDT
– – ——–He’s got—WERK 2 do!! :>)- —:>)
miranda- – – — -THESE RE-THUCKERS!!- – –
– – —The Republican Party Resolves to Destroy Middle Class Once and For All in 2013 – – —
– — –Paul Krugman, the famed economist and Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times, has, in recent years, coined quite a few clever nicknames for hypocritical fiscal conservatives. And in referring to fiscal conservatives, he does not write of the dying breed of Republicans like Bob Dole, the former Senator, Presidential candidate and disabled war veteran who was humiliated in public by his own party earlier this month.
– -Dole made a rare appearance in the Senate chamber several weeks ago in an attempt to promote passage of a seemingly benign U.N. Treaty, the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Designed to improve access and mobility for the disabled across the globe, the treaty met with defeat from the crazed likes of political also-ran Rick Santorum, who decried the treaty on the catch-all Tea Party grounds that it posed a “direct assault on us and our family!”
– – —-SNIP- — –
—- —By now I really ought to be used to this sort of disingenuous skullduggery, the seamlessness with which members of the GOP establishment will hold the ENTIRE NATION and its future hostage in order to save some millionaires/billionaires a few bucks, but I must confess, I am not. I urge the mass media to give these tricks their proper title – treason.
THERE IS MORE.- —GOOD READ. :>)
miranda- – —–Ahhhhh. . .FOCUS on OUR BELOVED FIRST LADY!♥— –
— — Michelle Obama’s Best Outfits of 2012– —Annnd- — -her HAIR- –ACCESSORIES, etc. :>)
— —–From official White House dinners to TV appearances, here are the top FLOTUS fashion moments.– —-
– –IMHO—-WHATEVA SHE WEAR is – – –STUNNING. :>)- – — ENJOY. :>)
Justice For Trayvon
Return to Top · Login
Copyright © · Pragmatic Obots Unite · Design by SherylKaye