September 16, 2014

Tuesday Afternoon Thread: Mitt Romney’s European Vacation

And no, we haven’t forgotten about those tax returns!

p5rn7vb
  • crazycanuck

OMG, it’s so dark here, it’s gonna thunderstorm, and I have to go out. Yikes, I hate thunderstorms.

German Media Slams Mitt Romney’s Tour Abroad

The World From Berlin ‘Romney Has Already Disqualified Himself’

Republican contender Mitt Romney heads to Poland on Monday, the last stop of an overseas tour that has already taken him to England and Israel. So far, German newspapers have not been impressed with his performance, citing embarrassing verbal blunders and superficial political posturing.

• rikyrah

eerrbody is clowning Willard.

• AxelFoley

The Fail is strong with Willard.

• crazycanuck

Congrats to “air Gabby” and her American Teammates for the Gold Team Medal

YEAH!!!!

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

They won? WHOO HOO!

HELL YEAH!!!

YES YES YES YES YES

• Aquagranny911

This is so cool! I can’t wait to see the coverage tonight on my local Uni station. They have been giving the team quite a bit of good coverage. I think one of our commentators has the total hots for Gabby. He called her: “la gacela (gazelle) & muy linda (very beautiful)

• Worldwatcher7

She is such a cutie pie; her eyes are gorgeous.

• GreenLadyHere

crazycanuck—–“AIR GABBY” – — -is a PHENOM in FLIGHT!! :>)

– — U.S. women’s gymnastics wins gold- — –

– – – – -PIC—“Air GABBY”– McKayla-Maroney- -Alexandra Raisman- – Jordyn Wieber—“KAYLA ROSS”—-

——CONGRATULATIONS!!—U R—the —–2012–“GOLDEN GIRLS!!”—

—–WOO! HOOO!—-PROUD of U!——-

• Alexander2

(Look at Goldie Taylor trying to start something. There is no tweet or anything from a Spelman woman about Gabby’s hair. Messy!)

Goldie Taylor ‏@goldietaylor

I’m not sure what’s going on with my Spelman sisters, but they oughta be the LAST to assail a young woman of color’s hair.

Goldie Taylor ‏@goldietaylor

RT @fivefifths Y’all Spelman women still slandering Gabby Douglas because of her hair? << This is so disappointing to hear.

Goldie Taylor ‏@goldietaylor

RT @fivefifths Y'all Spelman women still slandering Gabby Douglas because of her hair? << Seriously?!

The tweets from fivefiths (a man) that started this:

Martin Luther Chainz ‏@fivefifths

All I know is when Susan Rice, the highest ranking Black woman in the country, spoke at Spelman grad people hated her because of her hair

Martin Luther Chainz ‏@fivefifths

Y'all Spelman women still slandering Gabby Douglas because of her hair?

• Miranda

SMH….she is so messy. Goldie is the woman in the church always wearing too tight short, low-cut dresses.

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

Sorry but Black folks who wear mourning shrouds on national television to memorialize a racist asshole can’t afford to lecture anyone on how to treat people of color.

• Worldwatcher7

I know plenty of Spelman women of various ages. They all love Susan Rice and Gabby Douglas. None of them like Goldie.

the poster is hilarious

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia
  • crazycanuck

OMG that Tsonga/Raonic (cdn) match was ridiculous. 63 36 2523

• Alma98

I love Tsonga. I wish he’d get back to playing the way he did when he beat the crap out of Nadal in 2008.

miranda- — 1, 2,- — 3 STRIKES————

—–Mitt Romney: Fallout Continues in Poland

– – -FALLOUT——-INDEED!! LOL.- – –

• conlakappa

Miss Ann’s outfit, wow. Animal print + pastels = most appropriate outfit to wear to a death camp? Then trying to get all snuggly with the automaton, again, not really venue appropriate.

Who is Julian Castro?
    by BooMan
    Tue Jul 31st, 2012 at 01:06:15 PM EST

I’m feeling pretty clueless because I had never heard of Julian Castro when I learned that he will be delivering the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention. He is a graduate of Stanford and Harvard Law who is serving his second term as mayor of San Antonio, Texas. An interesting biographical note is that he has an identical twin brother who went to Stanford and Harvard, too. In his last election, Mayor Castro was reelected with 83% of the vote. He’s also young. He was born in 1974.
    We all remember that Barack Obama was the keynote speaker at the 2004 Convention, and we know how that turned out.

Regardless of what this means for the political future of Julian Castro, his selection is an honor for the Latino community. The Republicans will almost certainly highlight Florida Senator Marco Rubio at their convention. However, that seems to be the extent of their Latino outreach. And it is showing in the polls:

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

I’m looking forward Castro’s speech. I hope he knocks it out the park!

• Aquagranny911

He will! He’s a good speaker, charming & also humorous. I wonder if we will be seeing a reprise of a young Barack Obama? I sure could see the possibility of PBO “handing over the keys” to him in 2016.

The Latino community will be doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy over this!

• AxelFoley

PBO and Dems just outmaneuvering the GOP every step of the way. First Latino Pres on the way? POC takin’ over!

• Miranda

*Sigh*…..I’m getting a lil tired of the downplaying of Gabby now – everybody was at the top of their game today. I know we can do better than “she didn’t bobble”
    _____________________________________

Each team member had their moments. Maroney posting an incredible 16.233 on her vault. It was her only performance of the day but the one that started the momentum.
    Ross was exceptional on balance beam. And Douglas, the only gymnast who competed in all four events, never bobbled.

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

This is all about her beating out Jordyn Wieber in the individual competition. They mad.

• crazycanuck

They will never forgive that.

• AxelFoley

They sound like PUMAs in that regard.

• conlakappa

NBC sportscasters have serious experience with this, based on their treatment of Venus and Serena.

Sepia- — –WHA’?—-We NOT POST-RACIAL- —YET?—

—- -NOPE!!- — – -BLAH MEDIA- —-Where U AT???- – –

– – – – -AIR GABBY—KAYLA ROSS-—–

——————-WE R PROUD of U.!—:>)—-

• Alma98

I hate yahoo, writers they suck ass.

• Ebogan63

It’s AP, expect the worse.

• Alma98

Thanks I’ll edit to reflect that. lol

LMAO

Willie Lee Davis‏@WLD01
    Fox News will continue to change Mitt Romney’s diaper. #HeStinks

LMAO!

miranda- – —– LOL. Seeee- —- -Eeeeewwwww- — —

– – — — -The Imagery!- – – -LOL.

• conlakappa

A comment I read on Yahoo! today:

It has gotten to the point that mitt should just give two statements for and against so we don’t have to read his retraction

• Aquagranny911

I love this poster! I doubt you enjoyed your vacay Mitty. Where are your tax returns? Please don’t tell us that the dog ate them.

• Admiral_Komack

The dog wouldn’t eat them.
      That’s why he got tied to the roof of the car.

LOL!!!

• conlakappa
        • Aquagranny911

That is a great site. They put Romney on the Registered Pet Offender web site so no rescue agency will let him adopt an animal.

Some of it is funny but never under estimate the animal lovers & rescuers. They do mean business!

• conlakappa

It is a great site but I meant that page in particular with the dogs digging up stuff. I see plenty of “I bark for Barack” decals around here. Not surpriseingly, Team Obama seized on the issue and opportunity in a clever, arch, but fruitful way.

Screwing the Pooch
    by BooMan
    Mon Jul 30th, 2012 at 11:52:21 PM EST

This is some of the most strained, desperate spin I have ever encountered in American politics. Imagine trying to argue that Mitt Romney’s foreign adventure has been a triumphant success! Still, what I hear from my liberal friends is skepticism that any of it will matter. My answer is that of course it will matter. I received a really lame email from Paul Begala asking me to donate money to the DCCC. He told me that 96% of the electorate has already made up their mind who they are going to vote for. That is complete bullshit. People’s political opinions are nowhere near as set in stone as these analysts would like you to believe. I did a lot of canvassing in 2004 and I talked to a lot of voters in July and August of that year. I heard all kinds of crazy things. I can’t tell you how many soft Democrats I met who planned to vote for Bush because they wanted him to have to clean up the mess he created in Iraq. “Why should a Democrat have to do that job?”, they asked. People make their decisions about who to vote for in weird ways.

People do not throw out incumbents lightly. They must be convinced not only that the incumbent is doing a bad job, but that someone else will do a better job. That’s the test Romney needs to pass, and his foreign adventure was supposed to help him make that case. It did anything but.

• Aquagranny911

The DCCC has a vested interest in getting donations. My advice is that if you have free money just lying around doing nothing after you have given to OFA, then donate to local Dem races in your state.

• MsKitty

I only give my money to OFA. DCCC and the others have proven to be a bit too disloyal for my taste when it comes to supporting PBO. No way am I rewarding them for that.

• Aquagranny911

Agreed but if you have local Dems that are good guys. You can help them out by directly donating to their campaigns. A lot of our Dems are up against big outside money so I do all I can to help them. Since I can’t donate the big $$$ I do give my time.

Wanker of the Day: Drew Westen
    by BooMan
    Tue Jul 31st, 2012 at 11:26:07 AM EST

I’m tired of Drew Westen’s act. He’s little more than a professional nitpicker. And he’s not a good nitpicker. In attempting to explain how President Obama might conceivably lose his bid for reelection, Westen lists three main causes. First, he tried to work with Republicans. Second the stimulus act of 2009 was not big enough. Third, the health care bill didn’t have a public option and was too phased-in.

Do we really have to refight the stimulus battle over and over again? It passed the Senate with 61 votes, with only Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter supporting it among Republicans. The vote would ultimately cost Specter his career, as he defected to the Democrats in a desperate last-ditch effort to survive. The uniform opposition of the Republicans was shocking considering that the economy was shedding 700,000 jobs a month and they were completely responsible. But, as the New York Times reported in March of 2010, the GOP had a plan:

• Aquagranny911

Drew Weston needs to sit on a cactus & rotate!

• AxelFoley

Ouch!

• crazycanuck

I don’t understand why in this day and age with twitter and all other social media, and access to BBC and others, they will tape delay events. It is just plain stupid

• MsKitty

I’m halfway through the BBC coverage of the opening ceremony I downloaded, and it is great. I almost forgot what it was like to watch an opening ceremony where the hosts are mostly silent and only add commentary when necessary, and actually know what they’re talking about to boot.

The sequence to honor the 7/7 victims was very moving and emotional, which makes it all the more shameful that NBC didn’t air it.

• dannie22

i tried to watch the bbc coverage but it kept saying content wouldnt play in our area.

• MsKitty

I haven’t used this but I’ve seen quite a few people tweet that this software allows you to watch BBC content from anywhere…

• Aquagranny911

It does. I use it & so do some of my family. The only caveat is don’t use IE for browser. Use FireFox or Chrome. IE tends to snarl things up for some reason.

• dannie22

thanks granny!!

• dannie22

thanks!!

• Miranda

OMG…the live blog this guy is doing for The Guardian is hilarious.

Romney campaign attacks media after fumbling overseas trip

Mitt Romney and his staff lash out at US media coverage of his inept, error-strewn overseas trip – live coverage here

• Alma98

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Check this out.

28m ago

Story of the day comes from the Smoking Gun:

Suspicious that his live-in girlfriend was planning an affair, a Tennessee man confronted the woman after spotting a photo of an unknown guy on her Facebook page, according to a police report.

Lowell Turpin, 40, “angrily demanded to know who the male was,” reported Anderson County Sheriff’s Department investigators.

Crystal Gray, 38, “replied that it was a picture of Mitt Romney.”

• Miranda

I was about to post this….I can’t stop laughing…OMG…

• Alma98

Did you read the assgate one? LOL

• Aquagranny911

LMAO! I posted a quote the other day from a commenter on another blog that said:

“30% of the American people couldn’t pick Romney out of a line up right now.”

The proof is in the pudding!

• sagittarius

Love this comment… LMAO

BigAndDaft

31 July 2012 4:59PM

Just when you thought George W was as bad as it could get – they roll out a new and improved fool.

• AxelFoley

LOLOLOLOL

Posted at 12:36 PM ET, 07/31/2012
    In 2010 book, Romney ascribed Israeli-Palestinian economic disparities to culture
    By Greg Sargent

Mitt Romney, under fire for suggesting to a group of donors that culture explains the economic disparities between Israelis and Palestinians, has been blaming the media for micharacterizing his remarks. This morning, he continued pushing back, insisting on Fox News that he hadn’t criticized Palestinian culture.

But in his 2010 book, No Apology, Romney made almost precisely the same point about Israelis and Palestinians, even using the same language: “culture makes all the difference.” Romney’s previous making of this point was caught by my Post colleague Scott Wilson, who talked about it in his story today on Romney’s trip abroad.

In chapter 10 of No Apology, Romney writes of his travels

*snicker*…he so stupid. If he wasn’t born into wealth he would be Stan Zbornak

• AxelFoley

HAHAHAHA

My mom loves that show.

Posted at 09:16 AM ET, 07/31/2012

TheWashingtonPost

The Morning Plum: Yes, government is important to our economic lives
    By James Downie

A new web ad released by the Romney campaign stars an Ohio businessman named Dennis Sollman. Like other Romney ads, it rips Obama’s “you didn’t build that” line out of context, and then has Sollman, as the face of the American businessman, criticize the president as out of touch. The problemis that Sollman’s company has received hundreds of thousands of dollars in government contracts, somewhat undercutting the “government didn’t help me” message. And Sollman is not the first Romney-supporting business owner who’s been caught in this contradiction.

Many commentators have described the broader “didn’t build that” debate as a philosophical clash between two views of government. But focusing on the abstract distracts from the reality that, factually speaking, government from the federal to the local level is, in fact, hugely important in people’s economic lives.

That’s illustrated by two major stories out this morning. In the Post, Zachary Goldfarb reports:

Political AnimalBlog
    July 31, 2012 10:58 AM

Latest Ballot Lie From California

By Ed Kilgore

This is the sort of thing you can get away with if you have unlimited corporate money and no conscience, per this L.A. Times report:

Two of California’s leading good-government groups joined with some of the state’s most powerful labor unions Monday to denounce Proposition 32, the November ballot measure that promises to eliminate special-interest money in politics.

At a morning news conference, representatives of the League of Women Voters of California and Common Cause urged voters to oppose the initiative, calling it a deceptive measure that would disproportionately harm unions and expand the influence of businesses. “Prop. 32 is not what it seems, and it will hurt everyday Californians,” said Trudy Schafer of the League of Women Voters of California.’

Although the initiative would ban corporations and labor unions from directly contributing to candidates, good-government advocates said the measure exempts limited liability companies, or LLCs, and business trusts. They also argue that another key provision — banning the practice of political contributions by payroll deduction — hobbles the primary method labor unions use to raise political cash. The result, the groups said, would be the rise of more business-fueled super PACs, which are already playing an outsized role in elections this year.

• rikyrah

When culture, context, and cowardice collide
    By Steve Benen – Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 PM EDT.

Mitt Romney caused quite a stir this week, appearing at an Israeli fundraiser where he argued Palestinians have a weaker economy because of its “culture.” The comments have drawn sharp rebukes on both sides of the Atlantic and made an already-disastrous foreign trip even worse.

What’s more, as Kevin Drum explained this morning, it wasn’t a gaffe. “This was a deliberate pander to the conservative base in the U.S., which pretty strongly believes that the Palestinian culture is indeed corrupt, indolent, and sullen,” Kevin noted. “Romney knows this perfectly well. He was demonstrating once again, in a very concrete way, that he’s no RINO.”

Today, however, Romney insisted with Fox News that he didn’t say what he actually said.

• Aquagranny911

Robme must have serious whiplash by now. I thought his neck looked a little stiffer recently.

• BoomerGal

This time he meant what he said and said what he meant.

• crazycanuck

Right down to the wire for the 200 meter butterfly

• crazycanuck

WOW! you train for years and this is what happens.

Fencing controversy forces Korean to sit on piste for ages, eventually costs her medal

• MsKitty

It’s never an Olympics until somebody gets screwed over. That really sucks.

• Miranda

This is horrible! WTH….they know a damn second had passed, this is just ridiculous. Would have been nice for the German athlete to forfeit the win, in the spirit of the Games, but obviously that wasn’t happening.

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

That’s a damn shame! Poor Shin.

• Miranda

And now Univision weighs in to tell Mitt to go catch fire.

Opinion: No Mitt Romney, Mexico is not like Palestine

Mitt Romney has been accused of having a tin ear when it comes to the Hispanic community, but up until now he has at least avoided insulting entire Latin American countries. That particular distinction is now unfortunately no longer true. On his recent European tour Romney has taken his tone deafness to new levels by comparing Mexico to Palestine in a negative light.

more here http://univisionnews.tumblr.com/post/28422909458/opinion-romney-mexico-palestine-misses-mark-questioning

• rikyrah

you know that has probably been running in an endless loop on their news programs.

It has.

• Gc

I watch Univision too – las novelas. I’m always interested in their reporting on Las Casa Blanca. it seems more legit than ours.

• Town

Who said they blamed Paul Wall for Ryan Lochte’s grill?

LMAO! Sepia blamed him!

OMG! LMBAO!

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

I was jokin’ tho! *dead*

• creolechild

A Personal Note About Obamacare And My Recent Absence

~snip~

Three weeks ago, I left work in an ambulance and a great deal of pain.[...] The upshot of this is that, in one night, I transformed from the kind of patient health insurers drool over — a young, healthy man whose biggest medical expense in the last ten years was a broken toe incurred during a kung fu class — to what those same insurers deem a “high risk” patient. If I lost my job tomorrow, or if I left CAP and ThinkProgress to start my own business, it is very unlikely I would be able to afford health insurance once my current plan runs out. Indeed, without Obamacare, it is reasonably likely that I would not be able to obtain insurance at any price. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, however, the insurance industry’s practice of denying care to high risk patients like myself will soon be illegal.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/30/603391/a-personal-note-about-obamacare-and-my-recent-absence/

H/T Ian Millhiser

• Miranda

Oh this gone be good….dont wanna like to HuffHo, but this is worth it.

excerpt:
    “His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son,” Reid said, in reference to George Romney’s standard-setting decision to turn over 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the late 1960s.

Saying he had “no problem with somebody being really, really wealthy,” Reid sat up in his chair a bit before stirring the pot further. A month or so ago, he said, a person who had invested with Bain Capital called his office.

“Harry, he didn’t pay any taxes for 10 years,” Reid recounted the person as saying.

“He didn’t pay taxes for 10 years! Now, do I know that that’s true? Well, I’m not certain,” said Reid. “But obviously he can’t release those tax returns. How would it look?

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

*dead*

• jds09

Oh my goodness…this is what having your president’s back looks like. Reid is throwing some haymakers! I love it.

• Aquagranny911

Harry was a boxer when he was young.

• rikyrah

I don’t know what’s in them, but I’m surmising:

1. he didn’t pay taxes for some years
      2. when he did pay taxes, it wasn’t even close to a 10% rate
      3. he’s on that amnesty list of 2009 – which means the shyt he was involved with was ILLEGAL.

don’t nobody doing LEGAL shyt NEED AMNESTY.

4. he’s got a whole lot more foreign accounts.
      5. the pay for the job he didn’t do because he was retired retroactively
      a) he never gave back that money retroactively
      b) it wasn’t remotely close to $100,000….try probably 8 figures

6. he did some shady shyt for that 100 million dollar IRA
      7. still hasn’t explained how he gave his sons 100 million WITHOUT PAYING ANY TAXES

I’m just sayin’.

• rikyrah

you know what I love about this?

how the hell can Willard defend himself from this?

he can’t. …without releasing the tax returns.

you know, a Democrat could come up with a story about Willard everyday… and he can’t defend against it..

without releasing the tax returns.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

• Ebogan63

Harry’s just sayin’ “make the sonofabish prove he didn’t pay any taxes! Well played, Harry!

Give ‘em hell!

• Aquagranny911

I read that Harry was once a bantam weight boxer who won a lot of his bouts. He knows when to give the one/two knockout punch. Robme is on the ropes. Where can he go from here!

• rikyrah

I am now completely convinced that the Prudential Building knows EXACTLY what’s in those returns.

• jds09

I completely agree. When OFA chose the slogan “Betting on America” I thought that Romney did worse than avoid taxes, he gamed the system to make money off America’s economic woes, the ultimate betrayal.

• Worldwatcher7

And to think this challenge is coming from Harry Reid, another Mormon politician. Mitt, Karma is offering you a valuable lesson: no matter how much money you have, or how powerful your father was, or how high up you are in your church, not everybody is going to line up to kiss your ring. Some of us see through all of the trappings of success and recognize that you are nothing but an empty suit.

• AxelFoley

Reid was just…I don’t even have words for how ol’ Harry sliced Mitt’s ass up.

• creolechild

WHY?!!

Florida Will Soon Exceed 1 Million Concealed Weapon Permits |

Florida is on track to become the first state in the nation to have more than 1 million concealed weapon permits.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/26/590101/florida-will-soon-exceed-1-million-concealed-weapon-permits/

H/T Aviva Shen

• Alma98

This crazy just freakin crazy!

• creolechild

Libor Crime Probe in U.K. Starts as U.S. Readies Indictments

The U.S. Justice Department is preparing to file charges this fall against traders from several banks in the global probe of interest rate-rigging. Meanwhile, U.K. prosecutors haven’t even decided whether they have a case.

The U.K. Serious Fraud Office opened a criminal investigation this month after Barclays Plc (BARC) was fined a record 290 million pounds ($450 million) by U.K. and U.S. authorities. Politicians including U.K. Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne and Ed Miliband, leader of the opposition Labour Party, called for a criminal probe, and the agency was told it would be given a budget to take on the case.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-26/libor-criminal-probe-in-u-k-starts-as-u-s-readies-indictments.html

H/T Greg Farrell and Lindsay Fortado

• creolechild

The most important clean-energy vote this year is in Michigan

Probably the most important energy-related vote this November is happening in the swing state of Michigan, where voters will decide whether to substantially boost the state’s renewable energy standard (RES). It’s a big deal for all sorts of reasons, many of which extend beyond the state itself. So let’s walk through the background.

In 2008, Michigan passed a law to require the state’s utilities to generate 10 percent of their power from renewable energy sources by 2015.[...] This year, the Michigan Public Service Commission, which oversees compliance, issued an updated report [PDF] on how implementation is going. The top-line conclusion is that implementation is going smoothly and “providers are on pace to hit the 2012 interim targets as well as the 10 percent by 2015 renewable energy standard.”

Read more: http://grist.org/climate-energy/the-most-important-clean-energy-vote-this-year-is-in-michigan/

H/T David Roberts

• BoomerGal

I hope it reduces cost to the consumer. Secondly, it’s my understanding that we are not a swing state and one can certainly tell by the campaign ads.

miranda—–EXCITIN’ presentation- — – – –

– —- –Meet The Ladies Of The U.S. Gymnastics Team– Woo! Hoo!

– — — – -These five women will represent the U.S. in London at the 2012 Summer Olympics.—–DONE!!- – —BRANGIN’ HOME DA – -GOLD!!

– —— -CONGRATULATIONS—WELL DONE!! – — -U R – –#1! - -

miranda- – — -GOOD POLL- – – –

– – – POLL: Majority Of Americans Favor Expanding Medicaid Under Obamacare– – –

—–A new poll from the Kaiser Family Foundation reports that a majority of Americans support the Obamacare provision that expands Medicaid coverage to an estimated 17 million low-income people, with 67 percent of Americans in favor of expanding Medicaid nationwide. Rising public support for the program is also reflected in the public hospital employees who have come out in strong favor of the Affordable Care Act’s Medicaid expansion and the 16 Democratic governors who have already pledged to implement it in their states.

Kaiser found that broad support for the expansion dropped off when respondents were asked about the policy in their own state, mainly because “people had an exaggerated sense of the likelihood they would face a penalty in 2014 for not carrying insurance”:

– — – – -THEN — THERE R the DANG- – -FEAR-MONGERING – -RE-THUGS!!—-EVIL/VILE—DO NOT CARE ‘BOUT PEOPLE!!–YUCK!–

– – OTHERWISE:- — –THANK U- – -MR. PRESIDENT! :>)- —

• Miranda

Hypocrisy at its finest. GOP lawmaker who bitched about the unemployed as lazy – turns out he’s been stealing from the government thru his fake azz non-profit.

NC lawmaker gets big pay while loaning friends federal money

LaRoque indicted on eight counts of theft, unlawful transactions regarding loan business

• GreenLadyHere

miranda- – — -[Apologies iff a dup]—–EVEN a FRESHMAN is -EXTREMELY—- -CALLIN’ ‘EM OUT!!- – – -LOL- – –

– – – -Freshman Republican says House GOP ‘angry,’ ‘incapable of governing’

– – – – — Freshman Republican Rep. Richard Hanna (N.Y.) compared the parties in Congress to sports teams only interested in “winning,” and this week credited Democrats in Congress with having “less anger” than Republicans toward the other side.

“If all people do is go down there and join a team, and the team is invested in winning and you have something that looks very similar to the shirts and the skins, there’s not a lot of value there,” he told The Syracuse Post-Standard editorial board on Monday, according to the paper. He called his Democratic friends “much more congenial” than Republican ones.

He then went on to warn that House Republicans are becoming “incapable of governing” by habitually deferring to “extremes.”
    THERE IS MORE.

– – —***handin’ out BAND-AIDS***- — -THIS—CUTS!!- — -GOOD!!- – –

THANK U—-Rep. Hanna!- — -4 da – -TRUTH!!- —

• TyrenM

Poor kid. He’ll be primaried if not next month next election.

• Miranda

I wonder which Right Wing Super Pac giving this fool some money. Here we have 5 nuts pretending they have any kind of pull whatsoever and grandstanding for CNN.

Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage

• Ebogan63

Nobody’s studying these fools, bet it’s some Koch money.

• Aquagranny911

That would not surprise me one bit.

• MsKitty

Good luck with that.

• GN

They have been trying to get press attention and a platform for this campaign for some time now. I’m not happy that CNN fell for this.

• Miranda

CNN didn’t fall for it…they know this is bullshit, but it drives a narrative they can pretend is reality because its obvious Romney is a dead man walking.

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

I bet RoRo encouraged this bs.

• Miranda

I bet he did too. He had the nerve to have Mike Huckabee as his darn guest for his segment on Tom Joyner today. SMH, he is who we thought he was.

• itgurl_29

When a “straight” man is obsessed with making sure gays can’t marry and homosexuality in general, he’s usually a closet case. Anti-gay activism seems to be very important to Roland

• Miranda

I do have my suspicions for those very reasons.

• itgurl_29

And of course there’s the ascot collection.

• Kennymack1971

Those internal polls must be horrible for the RW mafia to try the “Black folks ain’t voting for Obama because of Same Sex Marriage” routine again. They can forget this though. This will go nowhere.

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.blogspot.com/ Sepia

$100 in Monopoly money says passa is laying hands on the low-budget Mary J. Blige chick in the background.

• Alma98

hahahaha! low-budget Mary J. Blige .

• Aquagranny911

That is too funny!!! Unfortunately, that is exactly how Mitty answers any questions.

• Miranda

They’re gonna do this again? Maybe the 34th time will be the one!

Democrats Celebrate Co-Pay Free Birth Control; Republicans Call Again for Health Care Repeal Vote

• Alma98

They’ve got nothing else.

• GN

God forbid they would pass PBO’s jobs legislation sitting on the table.

miranda- — -LOL—errytime I C that PIC- —– LOL- – —

Coud he LOOK any – – -LESS PRESIDENTIAL!?? – – – – -LOL

– – – -“MIIT da TWIT” annnnnd his – — — – “TWEETIES”.- – -LOL

KUDOS 2 the artist!!!- — -LOL- – –Annnd THIS OUGHTTA make the

– —MORMON Church- — — -PROUD! LOL He has his MULTIPLE “women”. – – -NOW.- –

miranda- – — -THESE R the HATAS who will tryta go against the ACA—–

– —-Meet Mitt Romney’s Health Care Team—–

– – – –As governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney instituted health reforms that have expanded coverage to almost all residents and created a successful model for increasing access across the nation.

But Romney has walked away from that plan as a Republican candidate for president and has instead adopted a traditional market-driven approach that encourages the uninsured to purchase coverage in the unregulated individual market, push the sick into state-based high-risk insurance pools, and do little to lower health care costs or encourage providers to deliver care more efficiently. Below are the people who are advising him in this effort:
    THERE IS MORE———2 DESPISE!!- — –

– – -“NO WEAPON-FORMED AGAINST HIM—-SHALL PROSPER.!!”—-

• Aquagranny911

I’ve been trying to count up all the people that the Mittster has insulted, denigrated, irritated & pissed off. By my tallies, about the only votes he has left are his family but I am stating to wonder about Miss Ann. Who knows what she will do when she’s alone in that voting booth, lol.

• AxelFoley

*looks at poster*

Holiday Ro-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oad
    Holiday Ro-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oad

Mitt be nimble, Mitt be quick
    Oh-oh-oh
    Take a ride on the European kick
    Oh-oh-oh

• Alma98

LMAO!! By the way I love that song.

• AxelFoley

I used to watch the shit outta that movie back in the day. LOL

Me too. My daughter bought the movie last month for $5.00. lol

• Gc

Mitt be nimble,
      Mitt be quick
      Perchance you are overcompensating for a small***k

Yeah, I know, bad lounge……

LOL! Vodka is chilling.

• Gc

Actually, it’s MyStephen. I just caught the clip on Colbert Nation of Romney not knowing when the dressage event was scheduled, nothing about,this competition, never heard of the mammal called a horse and was wondering when he married Calista Gingrich.

Got me going…

LOL!

*SO DONE!*

miranda- – – — – -FOCUS ON BLACK OLYMPIANS WATCH- —

GR8 NEWS- —:>)- — –

—–Venus Williams advances to 3rd round at Olympics - – – Woo! Hoo- —

— — – Venus Williams keeps moving forward in the Olympics.

Charging the net with renewed zeal, Williams reached the third round Tuesday by beating Aleksandra Wozniak of Canada 6-1, 6-3.

Back on her favorite stage — Centre Court at Wimbledon — Williams dominated with her aggressiveness, which is what makes her so dangerous on grass. She won 15 of 16 points when she reached the net, and of the points she has won through two rounds, nearly one-third have come when she moved forward.

Williams is also serving well and ripping returns. She broke Wozniak six times in eight games.

“Every day I’m just concentrating on trying to bring my best tennis out,” Williams said. “And honestly, if there’s a time to do it, it’s now.”
    THERE IS MORE- – — -GR8 NEWS!! :>)

——CONGRATULATIONS!!—WE R PROUD of U!!!! :>)- – —

• http://pragmaticobotsunite.com/ Sepia

Testing

• isonprize

PBO to Clinton – First black president my ass. lol

• sagittarius

Hey, isonprize!

I don’t really have a — yes I do:

PBO: Man, I hope I age better than this mofo. His mug is ugly enough to raise the dead.

• Alma98

He’s not aging well at all.

• itgurl_29

PBO” “See, you think you’re nickel slick. But I got your penny change.”

• Miranda

_______________________and we have a winner

• Aquagranny911

“You can look but don’t touch”

miranda- – – –We HAFTA KEEP SPREADIN’ THIS- — –

– —-House GOP Tax Plan Raises Taxes On 10 Times As Many People As Democratic Proposal- –

– — — Senate Republicans last week proposed a plan that would raise taxes on more than 20 million Americans, while maintaining the high-end Bush tax cuts. Letting those tax cuts on income in excess of $250,000 expire would affect just two million wealthy taxpayers, by comparison.

— -Now, House Republicans have adopted the same plan, and the effect is the same: roughly 24 million middle- and lower-class Americans will see their taxes raised so that roughly two million of the richest taxpayers can maintain a tax cut, as this chart from the Center for American Progress’ Seth Hanlon and Sarah Ayres illustrate:

– – -GR8 GRAPHS!!- — — – –SNIP- —

The Senate GOP plan failed last week, as the Senate instead adopted a Democratic proposal that would extend a tax cut on just the first $250,000 in income.

— – — THESE —EVIL/VILE– RE-THUGS!!- — -THEY DON’T CARE ‘BOUT PEOPLE!!!- – – –

—- – – -Annnd U STOOPID RE-THUG VOTERS—R LOSERS!!- – —

• rikyrah

Official In Charge Of Pennsylvania Voter ID Law: ‘I Don’t Know What The Law Says’

Pennsylvania Secretary of the Commonwealth Carole Aichele, testifying Tuesday during a state trial on the state’s controversial voter ID law, said she wasn’t sure about the details of the law, but stood by her unsupported claim that 99 percent of voters had valid identification.

“I don’t know what the law says,” Aichele said under questioning, according to CBS.

Aichele also couldn’t provide any evidence that 99 percent of voters already have a valid form of ID, as the state has claimed. CBS reported that when lawyers cited testimony from a Department of State official calling the number likely inaccurate, Aichele responded “I disagree.”

Aichele also said that ID cards issued by the state’s Department of Transportation are the best choice for voters, though a lawyer seeking to block the law said other valid IDs may be easier to obtain.

• Alma98

Of course you don’t what the law says, because you didn’t write it the ALEC group did.

• Aquagranny911

Nailed that one! I think that most Repugants need a remedial reading course besides. Anything over two pages seems to have them addled.

miranda- — –Another “CLOWIN'” QUOTE:- – – -LOL- —

– – — Quote of the Day- –

—– “I don’t know how he’ll handle the head of state job. He’s made a mess of being a tourist.” -Rahm Emanuel beclowning Mitt Romney- —

– – – –LOL.- —He’s sooo- — OUT-of-TOUCH!!. Cain’t EVEN take a- –successful VACAY!. LOL–

– – – LOL- -EPIC FAIL!!

I do love me some Rahm!

• GreenLadyHere

HEEY Aquagranny911. ***BIG HUG** :>)

– —– -***fist bump*** :>)- —

He has the “HUMOR GENE”. —-Annd he di-ent do–“SALTY!”- — -LOL. [His other gene.] :>)

Good 2 C U. :>)

• Aquagranny911

HUGS back at ya & Fist Bump! I have no problems with his “SALTY.” I’ve got a big dose of that particular gene my own self, lol!

Ohhh Aquagranny911. – -YOUR quips – -R CUTE! :>) ***HUG**

• TyrenM

I want that shirt.

• sagittarius

Good evening, POU Fam!

• Aquagranny911

Hola, Sag! How is your casa today? Mine is good & we have a storm coming in which is even better. Let the rains come down! Our parched desert needs all it can get.

• sagittarius

Hola, Aquagranny!

Mi casa is quiet… just trying to get things in order as I move forward. We had a wonderful rain earlier this morning, which was sorely needed in these parts.

HI

• sagittarius

Hi, Alma!

Hope all is good!

hey sag,

how are ya?

• sagittarius

Hi, rikyrah!

Hanging in there… trying to make it do what it do!

• GreenLadyHere

HEEY sagittarius. ***BIG HUG** :>)

Annnd a fine GOOD EVENIN’ 2 U. :>) Hope U had a pleasant day. :>)

Hasn’t teh WILLARD’S – -“STATESMAN- -FOREIGN TOUR”- – -been LIKE NO OTHER in the annasl of HISTORY??- -LOL

Annnd- – – I betcha that it will make the — -FUTURE HISTORY BOOKS!!–LOL.- – –

Good 2 C U. B BLESSED. :>)

• sagittarius

Hey, GLH **BIG HUG**

I hope all is well with you and your fam.

If the MSM in this country was any good, Willard’s “I’m the stereotypical Ugly American Abroad” Tour would go down in the annals of history as the biggest failure since Geraldo Rivera came up with bupkis in Al Capone’s vaults. However, since our MSM ain’t worth two dead flies, we have to rely on the Brits, Israel, Poland, Germany and China to call him out.

• GreenLadyHere

- -LOL– sagittarius- – – – PERFECT!! — “The UGLY AMERICAN”- — -Good 1! :>)—Thank U. :>)

• GreenLadyHere

miranda- – -BY NO MEANS tryta post about this– — RACIST- – -LYIN”- – -MURDERER- – -BUT—I’ll just post the link.- —

— – Zimmerman Visited Black Gay Websites before Shooting– –

— – Zimmerman Visited Black Gay Websites before Shooting– –

• Miranda

A friend sent me a blog post on this last week but I didn’t see any news source with this information like the Miami Herald or the Orlando Sentinel and they have combed through every inch of evidence that’s been released. I’m skeptical about this – its even written on blackamericaweb.com as if the information is not solid.

• GreenLadyHere

miranda- —THANK U 4 your GUIDANCE. :>) —GONE. :>)

• creolechild

SWEET!

GOP Report Finds No Connection Between White House And ‘Fast And Furious’ |

Despite insistence from GOP leadership that the White House was behind the so-called “Fast and Furious” gunwalking program, a report from House Republicans released Tuesday names five officials at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms as culprits in the misguided effort.

Read more: Annie-Rose Strasser

• isonprize

And the apology to AG Holder?

OH yeah, I forgot. NO APOLOGIES….

• AxelFoley

Except to the UK. And Poland. None for the Palestinians, tho.

• GN

The program wasn’t even started by the PBO WH. The reporting re: fast and furious has been full of distortions and lies.

• creolechild

Congress Reaches Tentative Deal To Avoid Pre-Election Government Shutdown

Congressional leaders on Tuesday announced an agreement to avoid a government shutdown weeks before Election Day, that will fund the government for six months at agreed upon levels when funding expires on Oct. 1. But the bill still needs to be written and passed by both chambers in time — a challenge for House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), whose members have been hoping to use it as a vehicle to cut deeply into government programs.[...]

The vote is slated for after the August recess. The funding level is poised to be $1.047 trillion, as set in the bipartisan debt limit law last August.

Read more: http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/congress-deal-avert-government-shutdown.php?ref=fpnewsfeed

H/T Sahil Kapur

The Real GOP Record

by BooMan
    Tue Jul 31st, 2012 at 07:32:42 PM EST

George W. Bush came into office and immediately gave everyone who pays income taxes a tax break. For some people on the lower end of the pay-scale, this amounted to a few hundred extra bucks a year. For people on the high end of the pay-scale, however, this amounted to few extra hundred thousand bucks a year, or even millions of extra bucks a year for the very top earners. We quickly ate through what had been a large projected surplus in revenues and began to go trillions of dollars into debt. Then Bush sent our troops off to fight a war of choice in Iraq that turned into an expensive quagmire. For the first time in our history, no one was asked to pay for this war, or the one in Afghanistan. Look at the history. Taxes went way up in 1917 to pay for our entry into World War One. The top marginal rate hit 94% during the last two years of World War Two. Taxes hit 91% in 1950, to pay for the Korean War. Taxes went up again in 1968-69 to help pay for the Vietnam War. And taxes went up in 1990, to help pay for the Persian Gulf War. If you want less taxation, demand less war. But that’s not what Republicans do. They do the opposite and demand less taxation.

But they really only care about taxes on rich people. That’s why they just submitted a tax plan that raises taxes on ten times as many people as receive cuts. Middle class folks will see cuts in the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and the American Opportunity Tax Credit that helps them pay for their children’s higher education, but rich people will see their Bush tax cuts extended. In other words, they want the middle class to retroactively pay for the Bush wars (with interest). Then they are going to ask you to work longer to receive less from Social Security and Medicare. Why? Because they want the middle class to pay for the huge hole Bush’s handouts to the rich blew in the country’s budget.

………………………………………………………

They always lie. They never tell the truth.

• creolechild

President Obama is really attempting to effect positive change in this country across a broad spectrum of social issues.~

The multi-billion dollar American sports industry may not be the most polluting industry, but it is among the most visible. With over 60 percent of Americans identifying themselves as sports fans, the greening of the sporting world could serve as model for a wide swath of people.

The White House seems to agree. Last week, government officials teamed up with environmental groups and sporting professionals to promote sustainability in sports. At an event held at the White House, representatives from Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association, the National Hockey League, and the National Football League, including members of multiple teams, participated in a sports and sustainability discussion. The event was conducted in collaboration with the National Resources Defense Council.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2012/07/23/554291/from-baseball-to-the-olympics-the-challenges-and-succeses-in-greening-sports/

H/T Max Frankel

• GreenLadyHere

miranda- — — ——-Mr. DAVID CORN has truly carved out a SUCCESSFUL CAREER- – – -UNTIL Nov 6.- — -COVERING the “EPIC FAILS” –of teh WILLARD!! LOL- – – –

– – — -Corn on “Hardball”: Romney’s “Moonwalking Tour”- –

— — – -Mother Jones’ David Corn and the Huffington Post’s Howard Fineman join Chris Matthews on MSNBC’s “Hardball” to discuss Mitt Romney’s blunders in Israel and what they say about his skills as a foreign diplomat.

– – – –SHOW HIM- -MJ[rihep]. :>)- —

• creolechild

A powerful reminder of why we need to get it done and get out to the polls en masse!~

Turn off the Hate. Get out the Vote.

• creolechild

Poor Mitt! He’s just a glutton for punishment…

Romney Camp Plans Bus Tour Before GOP Convention

The Romney campaign will undertake a two week bus tour in the weeks before the GOP convention in Tampa, CNN’s Peter Hamby reports:

Read more: http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/romney-camp-plans-bus-tour-before-gop-convention

H/T Igor Bobic

• creolechild

REPORT: Ohio Routinely Tosses Thousands Of Votes In Every Election

In 2004, 9 votes per precinct pushed George W. Bush ahead of John Kerry in Ohio. But thousands are thrown out each election, according to a new report by the Cincinnati Enquirer.[...] The Enquirer found the state tosses thousands of ballots every election due to bureaucratic confusion, clerical error and other factors. Urban counties are particularly vulnerable, such as Hamilton County, which contains Cincinnati:

In Hamilton County alone, hundreds of votes are routinely disqualified in major statewide elections because they are cast in the wrong precinct, often only feet from the correct location. Hundreds more votes have been tossed out for another relatively minor miscue: voters’ failure to seal an inner envelope containing their absentee ballot.

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/07/30/605511/report-ohio-routinely-tosses-votes/

H/T Aviva Shen

• GreenLadyHere

miranda- —– -LOL.—YA KNOW how that PROUDLY there is a COUNTDOWN UNTIL the NOV. ELECTION- — -so that WE will KNOW WHEN 2 CELEBRATE. :>)

WAY-ELL- —-I’d like 2 recognize another –COUNTDOWN—27 DAYS- –UNTIL –

– -The EPIC DISASTER- – – -of the- – – RNC—LOL

– –At this POINT in TIME- — -I believe that the PRESUMPTIVE presidential NOMINEE— -HAS EFFECTIVELY [***choke- --I KNOW- - -ya cain't use that word with him***, LOL]- — -DECIMATED the PRIDE that should come with the action of HIS NOMINATION. LOL.

He has: – -☻FLIP-FLOPPED– ☻-LIED—☻ GAFFED[O.K.- - -that's the WAY t he is.]- –☻-CHEATED this GOV’T out of TAXES- — -☻MADE RACIST STATEMENTS- ☻ INSULTED [by ads, speeches. etc.]— THE PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES—-☻ PUT FAMILIES out of JOBS- –with his company- -BAIN CAPITAL- —☻INSULTED GUESTS [potential voters] – – in THEIR OWN HOUSE; —proven himself 2 B- — ☻OUT-of-TOUCH with PEOPLE- –EXCEPT- -the RICH annnd the WYT- — – ☻FLAUNTED his WEALTH-[Dressage/CAR ELEVATOR[- —-

☻annnnd – –BIG FINISH- – – -☻EMBARRASSED THIS WHOLE

COUNTRY B4 the WORLD- – — by taking THESE SAME

CHARACTERISTICS – – to the PEOPLE of – – 3!– FOREIGN!– COUNTRIES!!!- — -geesh!!!

No doubt – – any SANE- – -RE-THUG- – is in a house of worship — -PRAYIN’

that THEY will NOT hafta MAKE THAT NOMINATION. LOL.

– – –Annnd- – we have- –27 DAYS 2 WATCH him CONTINUE- – -ALONG

his – -DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY!!—-BIG TIME LAFFS- – – comin’ up.!!! LOL

– – – -ENJOY!! – -LOL.- – –

– — -I’m JUST SAYIN’- — —- – –:>)—-

• crazycanuck

Greta Van Spaceship lmfao. Just saw that on Twitter.

miranda- —Just musin’- – — -:>)—TRAVELING 2 FOREIGN COUNTRIES- —

– – —THIS :>)—FROM a DISTANCE :>)—–

– ———-V——

——-THIS—-UP CLOSE annnd PERSONAL.- -LOL.

ENJOY! :>)

miranda——NOW—-THAT’S WHAT WE’RE—-TALKIN’ ‘BOUT!!—–

LOVE—the HEADLINE!!- ——–Woo! Hoo!—

—- –Gabrielle Douglas Helps Women’s U.S. Gymnastics Team Win Gold!——

—– — -The Americans grabbed hands and backed up, eager to get a better view of the scoreboard.

There really was no need. That Olympic gold medal was in the bag the minute they took the floor.
    The U.S. women’s gymnastics team celebrates its first Olympic title since 1996.

The Americans lived up to their considerable hype and then some Tuesday night, routing silver medalist Russia and everybody else on their way to their first Olympic title in women’s gymnastics since 1996. Their score of 183.596 was a whopping five points ahead of Russia and made their final event, floor exercise, more like a coronation. Romania won the bronze.

With the Russians on the sidelines crying, the Americans stood at the center of the floor, clapping, cheering and basking in a winner’s glow. When the score for captain Aly Raisman flashed, the Americans screamed and a chant of “U-S-A! U-S-A!” rang out around the arena. The women held up their index fingers for the cameras — just in case anyone had a doubt.
    – – – -SNIP- – –
    Gabby Douglas went next and her vault was even better.

The Americans, meanwhile, made the 4-inch slab that stands 4 feet in the air look like child’s play. Kyla Ross, the only American who wasn’t on that world team last year (she was too young), looks like a ballerina with her long legs and gorgeous lines. She landed one somersault with her left foot curled over the edge of the beam, yet never flinched.
    THERE IS MORE.- – —

– — -Yaaaa- – -“AIR GABBY” — -annd KAYLA ROSS. :>)- — –

– — – -Yaa- — -BLACK MEDIA- – -:>)

• GreenLadyHere

POU FAM- — -Gotta “bounce”- –4 a “bit”. :>)- – -Missin’ U/Carryin’ U–in MY ♥. :>)

• GreenLadyHere

HEEY conlakappa. ***BIG HUG*** :>)

LOL. Seeee- – – -U R a RIOT! :>)

I wish U coulda seen my face when I saw her emerge from that plane. LOL – –LIKE THIS! Then I burst out laffin. :>)—–

———-Good 2 C U. conlakappa :>)

miranda – – —NEW AD: – – – -:>) – –

– – – – –Obama launches tax ad against Romney- —- –

— – – – — President Obama’s reelection campaign is out with a new ad constrasting the president and Mitt Romney on tax policy.

“Mitt Romney’s plan?” the ad’s narrator says. “A new $250,000 tax cut for millionaires.”

President Obama’s plan?” the ad says. “A balanced approach. Four trillion in deficit reduction. Millionaires pay a little more.”

It comes in the midst of Democratic attempt to portray Romney as a secretive tax dodge, all while the White House is pushing for a tax increase on upper income brackets — an increase opposed by Romney and congressional Republicans.

— – – -BRANG HIM DOWN – – -B4 – –HIS NOMINATION!! – -HAH

- – –dear POU FAM. G’NIGHT. :>) MAY U HAVE BLESSED SWEET DREAMS ♥ – -♥ :>)- —

– — -CONGRATULATIONS THE- -QUINTESSENTIAL- —QUINTET!!—Woo! Hoo! :>)

——–UNTIL THE MORNING LIGHT♥ :>)- ——–